I stay up really late looking at college stuff. I'm always preparing myself for college and the only thing I think of is how to get into college and its name. But I never thought about my majors. I realized that the only thing I stuck to was education, mainly because I taught kindergarten this summer. It was something I liked. But maybe I wouldn't be passionate about. I always liked the idea of younger children because I loved seeing development in children.
I used to have a typical major in my mind, in the beginning of junior year before I began to think more, BUSINESS. Typical Asian would choose business or engineering. Probably because there's a possibility of making a lot of money. But after junior year, I began to see some light in the education field after tutoring freshmans/sophomores, biology. I began to love biology from then on, but I probably forgot all about it by now (summer). I moved my mindset to education. Early Childhood education. It sounds fun, and something I wouldn't mind doing that has plenty of benefits. BUT now, I'm thinking even more about what I want to do and succeed. I thought so much that I realized there's the option of being a pediatrician. It's definitely a doctor role, without the extremes of life&death. It also is a rewarding career, seeing children patient grow from an infant to a teenager. I get to do both, care and love, towards children. Without so much of planning for lessons and such. It also covers the field of Biology which I tend to like a lot out of all the sciences (except Physics until now) that I've taken. Maybe having the mindset of a Pediatrician or a Pediatric Nurse or Nurse in general, won't be so bad. But I also would love to pursue Elementary Education.
I don't know where to start or which schools to apply. So far, I did the typical schools like my 5 SUNYs-Binghamton, Geneseo, SUNY Buffalo, Stonybrook, New Paltz. and like a few privates- Villanova (I really don't know why I chose it), Boston University, Fordham University, Wellesley. Maybe I should take out Villanova, but it sounds so nice. I would keep BU, reason why is because it is such a big school with a large variety of majors that I can choose from. Fordham, my dad wants me to go... even though it's like 10 mins from home on the train. Wellesley is another one of my dad's choices, which I really don't mind. It's one of the best liberal arts colleges, but the only thing that keeps preventing me is the Girls only college, and how expensive it is. I don't think I'd be willing to search for scholarships for Wellesley or Fordham. Probably Villanova. I don't know. I'm just letting my train of thought go.
I think I should apply to a school that will be a little bit similar to the field I'm trying to aim at. More of early development. I just absolutely love to know about development of humans especially at the earliest age of an infant. That's life. That's what God brought to the world. And that's why I want to go into that field even more.