Monday, February 8, 2010

As I Anticipate...

I had a short hiatus from blogging after my SATS. haha :T maybe it was because I've been fooling around. So I guess I pulled myself together and registered for the March SATS. ohdear, it is in a month and my January SATS scores are coming back on Thursday. I have 2 days filled with anticipation, but in the next 2 days I'm going to be busy full of work from my AP's. My AP English teacher, who's probably the world's arrogant teacher ever, finally tied us down and forced upon us plenty of hw and quizzes. Now I have to begin to take that class seriously. I also have a few AP Calculus quizzes/tests every week. I'm beginning to stress out as May is coming closer and the AP test is coming closer. On top of that, my choir teacher is making me join jazz choir causing me to stay afterschool on Wednesdays until 6. And guess what, I just remember that I'm manager of the Boy's Volleyball team. OH GREAT. The next few months are going to be packed and busy. It's going to be stressful and I'm already hoping for this year to end. I'm close to done with SATS. I just have a few more I want to take. I must begin to pick up my slack that I already have.

But on top of everything... where is the time for God? I contemplate on my walk a lot, whether or not if I keep God in my daily activities. I don't even have much accountability either, since I don't really have much to say even if I can have an accountability talk. I always feel that he's just there, but I'm just ignoring him basically, which is really sad. But a few days ago, or you can say last Friday, I began to open my bible once again, after a few weeks of not reading it (minus the times I flip through it for service/biblestudy). I felt that as I read, I didn't know how to apply anything. But I remember on Friday, when Rocky showed us a book called Jesus Freaks: Stories for those who stood for Jesus written by DC Talk. I had an urge to read that book, however Rocky was still in the midst of reading it. So I decided to look that book up, and surprisingly there was something that I haven't seen in awhile, which is devotionals. I haven't really read devotionals that I can apply to, but I read one that I liked a lot. They're from Jesus Freaks and I began to subscribe to their weekly devos (so I can begin doing them). The devotional that I read was titled Increase Our Faiths! It told me that my faith is a gift from God and that us, sinful people, have our fleshly bodies that we want to do things our way, which shows that we lack faith in God. To walk with Christ and be faithful, we need to get out of our fleshly body and live "in the body" that Christ wants us to be. This problem is probably what I face with all the time. I'm stubborn and I fail, and I have way too much pride to admit that I'm a failure. But it's true, during worship on sunday even Justin says that we fail but still God's mercy remains (pulled out from Inside Out LOL). But yeah. I'm not humble enough, I guess.


WELL ANYWAYS, this leads me into another devotional that I will be reading tonight "Excuses or Freedom". I can definitely tell what this is going to lead into. :)

That's it for now, goodnight :)