HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :)
Although I had many ups this year, I had EVEN MORE downs this year. It made me strengthen myself more.
I had MANY downs this year, including my sophomore year. I didn't have a great sophomore year, because of being new in school. However, i made many new friends from such rumors because they knew i wasn't bad. My friendships grew with some people in school. I would know who would stay by myself throughout the school year. And I'm thankful for them so much.
My family didnt go through a good year either, because my grandma was sick this year and she passed away a day after memorial day. However, I'm glad that she accepted Christ before she left. She was optimistic even when my mom's family was broken, thanks to my mom. She stood by my mom's side, when her family was crashing down against our religion. I miss my grandma, but it's okay, she's with the Lord. :) Right before she left us, I went on TECBC and God worked through me throughout the entire time. I was afraid that my grandma, who was on the edge of her death bed, would go when I'm gone to TECBC. But God held her life for just a few more days when I was in TECBC. I felt that God just really wanted me to go there and go back to him. In TECBC, it was the first time I've ever heard prayers in tongues, met so many different christians, and surrendered to God fully for the first time. I had so much going on, but God sent me away to push that focus towards him, and took care of everything at home, until I came home. When I came home, that was when my grandma passed away. I knew God was right there because I prayed to God to just keep holding onto my grandma life there until I came home, so I can take care of my mother when she goes. And God answered me. He was truly amazing. I knew God was always going to be there for me. Hallelujah.
I also had a down, right after the summer ended. I was upset about various things that I became depressed. It could have been about my relationship which started to be a downfall when the summer ended, and it could've been my friendships. I was depressed about such things that I just didn't even want to go to church at times. I felt ALONE. I was scared that I'd lose my 2 closest friends because they were getting closer. I felt that I was pushing myself away because I was afraid of getting jealous or whatsoever. I didn't realize until a few months ago about why such things happened. That I spoke too much about myself. I've never realized that, and I felt horrible. I was in my own world majority of the time that I forget about others. I was so selfcentered and that made me feel terrible. I also felt that my relationship with my exboyfriend wasn't going so well, since he was so critical about everything. He was awesome, but I felt that we weren't for each other. He was great in many ways, but also needy to the point where I can't handle that. I was way too independent. But it's okay, everything from my depression is gone. No more jealousy, no more fights. My friendship is fixed and my exboyfriend and I are good friends. Everything is a blessing now. I thank God for him and for my 2 best girlfriends. <3
So God worked in my life in SO MANY WAYS. I'm just incredibly happy. My sweet16 was great after planning for a month or so. I met so many people from SAT prep and had an awesome summer. DESPITE the SAT stuff. I met one kid in my class who is a christian and plays on a worship team. I don't see that often, but I DID! Many things that happened over the summer was "God-centered". God is so Good. I'm just still praying for many things for the years ahead. SATs, College, Family, Friends. I know God is holding my life in his hands. Praise the Lord.