Monday, February 21, 2011

Winter Conference

I have to say, Ed Tom knows how to speak the word. He definitely has the qualities of a principal- shows tough love. The theme was Caring for one another. God really shined throughout conference and really did his work. Although it was a bit tragic, God planned everything beautifully. Marilyn's and Lilia's dangerous accident brought the entire fellowship together in prayer. Care. Like what Winnie said, everyone had a strategic position. With Julie's and Jon's super speed to alert rocky right after the accident and having Bennett and Ed Tom there, they were both cared for quickly. Everyone prayed for her. EVERYONE. Our fellowship is growing into a big loving one.
But besides that accident, the main idea that "God is in control" really hits hard. It affected my college plans and decisions. God and Culture in Paradox- I can't separate God and college into two different parts of my life. That's what I learned. I have to learn to put God in everything I do. Me and Him are partners for life, my BFF. I guess I just need to learn by disciplining myself, which is another thing that I learned in the message. I liked how Ed Tom tied everything together in order to make us remember how it all connects. When I first heard of his background, he already earned my trust when he spoke. His experiences are something I can probably connect to, so I opened my ears even more, to hear it. I have to learn to let God take the driver's seat. :T