"Here’s a journal excerpt from a TAS explaining how she prepares to teach her students:
During PERC Class, I prepared many strategies for the students to use for more understanding. The strategies I learned may not always be useful for all the students but for that’s why there’s room for different types of strategies. As I got my new group, I realized that they consist of visual, audio and kinesthetic learners. I learned a way to merge these learning strategies together so that can understand the lessons better. Currently, the class is learning about the reproductive cycle and how the zygote goes through different stages before the fetus is made. I had an idea for them to understand the lesson more, but making the different learners take part of making a diagram. The kinesthetic learner would have to draw out the steps for fertilization by drawing arrows for the sperm’s travel to the egg and then the steps of the phases that the zygote undergoes into becoming a fetus. The visual learner would look at the diagram and understand how the cycle goes and would be able to explain it in his/her own words to the audio learner. The audio learner would be able to understand after the visual learner explains the steps to fertilization. I think that each learner would become interdependent with each other, because the kinesthetic learner would have to make the diagram, very clear, for understanding; the visual learner would have to understand through the kinesthetic’s diagram and explain clearly for understanding; the audio learner would have to understand through the visual’s explanation and would be able to explain or write down clearly how the cycle is.
Thanks Diana! Visually and auditorily it seems complicated but I’m sure it makes sense kinesthetically
"