Winterconference was AMAZING this year. Surprisingly, I knew who the speaker was since I heard him speak like... 2-3 year ago when I went to CMC. Although I remembered the stories from back then, I don't remember messages he shared back then. However, years later, I paid close attention and I really understood what he was talking about. I guess I was just young and had a attention span of this little. But anyways, the theme was about Purity. I can't remember exactly what happened despite the many practices I had and because i lost my booklet. Generally the first message was in John 5:5-17, about the invalid by the pool who was healed after being sick for 38 year. I remember the line "Do you want to get well?" however the invalid did not even give Jesus an answer to the question but something intangible to it. I remember the part when P.Kim said that WE are spiritually invalid. When the Lord ask us if we want to get well, we don't exactly respond to him. We NEED Jesus to be healed. I also remember the message about Covenant friendships, and that we need to have them to grow in faith. We cannot only grow relying on faith, but we need accountability. That is what a covenant friendship is basically about. It's about "cutting a cow in half and walking through it with your friend" (sacrifical) that they were "one in spirit" and their "hearts were tied together." I remember this part where P.Kim say that in Proverbs 27:6 - Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses." I love this verse now, because I realized that the covenant friend must be honest and say what is right, true and honest, or else they'll be just like the "cow" that was "cutted up". I realized that I had Faith as my accountability partner growing up, but recently, I realized that I haven't even bother to talk about my faith to anyone. I felt that it was normal but I also realized I wasn't honest with myself when I tell her everything. Not that I was lying to her, but that I didn't say the 100% but i'll give only 99%. That 1% would the sin that I am most ashamed. I realized that I tried to get rid of that sin on my own. I'm still not sure I can even say it, but I'm still praying for my own sins. The next message was about us being "fishers of men". Matthews 4. God calls us to be fishers of men (disciples) and to be those who evangelize and bring others to seek God. I remembered the story that he told me when I was in CMC, but he shared the story again that night. It was about this regular Korean guy who was the only Christian in his traditional Buddhist family, so he'd lie about going to church and biblestudies throughout the week and would continue to pray for his parents to come to Christ. He prayed on prayer that he want his parents to become Christians even if it means taking his own life, and so one day he was in the soccer field with clearskies, and all of a sudden a lightning bolt shocked him and he died instantly. In his funeral, his entire youthgroup was there and his parents realized he was going to church the entire time. They mourned at his grave, and the pastor showed them his prayer and there they accepted Christ. It is a beautiful story, and also a story that can be applied to majority of Cana. In Cana, there was 50% Christians who did not grow up in church and have parents who disapproves of Christianity. I can feel that majority of Cana that were at WC, were touched by the story. I still remember this story clearly, even from back then. That night during testimony, many of Cana shared about families who disapproved of Christianity, and families that were broken. I pray that God will continue to heal those wounds and gaps in those broken families and hope that one day those parents of the Cana people would one day, find Jesus through their child. Coming from a regular and loving Christian family, I may not experience this, but I know that it's painful and it deals with a lot of hurt. I know this, from my mother, because my grandpa, even now that she's 46, he still disapproves of Christianity and my mom's family is broken because of our religion. But I remember that P.Kim also said, we can start a new generation in our families about Christianity. My mom definitely have started Christianity in her future generation through me. But I love what my mom stood for and this is why I'm always thankful for my parents. So basically, WinterConference was wonderful. Prayer Vigil was awesome, even though Justin made plenty of mistakes, it was very good because everyone wasn't disturbed by it but everyone kept praying. group prayers and accountability talks. I loved it. Nelson prayed hard and passionately with us and I can see God working through him. I felt guilty because my heart felt "numb". I didn't feel God working in me, but then that just shows the lack of faith that I had. That night, I just saw God working in people, like Benny (who was running around praying with everyone after crying during worship. haha), and like it was a blessing. :) The bus ride was awesome because I fell asleep in front and no one had to take pictures of me. And also, I got close to people during WC and also met new people and had an AWESOME smallgroup despite how crazy it was. The talks were so tangible and intangible and hilarious and wild. I loved every minute, even if I got a bit fustrated. Although I was super tired and barely had sleep, I made it.
I'm surprised I woke up today for school.... even though it was late. HAHA. :) praise thee Lord.
Now i just feel that I have to keep praying in order for myself to still be on fire for God. I really need God a lot especially for my upcoming future, with all the schoolwork, sats and future ahead. I will definitely be busy, but I will also have a lot of things occupying my mind and time, but I really need to make time for God. I really need to, reason why is because without God, I probably might not even make it. I really need trust God for my future because it is already planned out and is in his hands. :) so AMEN.