Sunday, August 22, 2010

Thoughts of Kindergarten Teacher

I'm pretty grateful that I was a kindergarten teacher this summer. It taught me A LOT. One thing it definitely taught me was patience and kindness. 2 years ago when I volunteered for 1st grade, I thought children were suppose to learn how to behave by then. I was super short-tempered, 2 years ago. Of course I changed through the years. I learned that these youngins` really need care and love first before starting their years into school, away from their parents. I learned a lot from my two partners, Katherine and Gary. Although Gary didn't do much, I learned how to take authority from him. I learned to be kind and loving through Katherine. My expectations of the kids were like beyond what they know. I learned they didn't know much when entering SDC and that I have to do everything step by step. Seeing my SDC kindergarteners every day, made my summer go by faster and happier.
I feel that I matured throughout this summer, knowing what's right and wrong, and learning to be serious at times. I learned how to lovingly discipline my kids. They know when's right and when's wrong. They definitely are the highlight of my summer. Each and every little cute ones. :D
This summer encouraged me to want to study early childhood education when I go off to college. I'm definitely going to look into something that deals with development and children probably. This summer was a very rewarding experience. :)