Saturday, April 24, 2010

Parent Appreciation Day Tomorrow

Here was my Parent Appreciation Day Sharing for my parents, tomorrow :)

"While I was sitting in the student leader’s meeting, the question “Who wants to share for the Parent Appreciation Day” was brought up, and without a second thought I shot up my hand (raise my hand) to volunteer to share about my parents. I believe that my parents are a one of a kind. I think that they have found many ways to wake me up since I was a child. It ranges from them screaming on the top of their lungs, to waking me up by pulling the covers, then to annoying me in my sleep by the endless pokes, and lastly, to crawling in my bed with me after a late night study to wake me up. Ever since my brother went off to college, they have focused a lot more on me. Although sometimes they pressure me to do well in my SATs and such, they’ll always have a plan to help ease me through the stress. For the past few months, I’ve been taking classes for SATs and on Mondays I have class again until 10pm. In the beginning, I was afraid that I won’t be able to survive though it, but every time I take my leave from my classes I would always see my parent’s car waiting for me to bring me home. They would come together with my dinner and a blanket, for when I sleep. I might sound like a baby, but their comfort makes me stress-free and at ease. I praise God for providing me with my family. Without them, I probably wouldn’t have all of the comforts that I have now; I wouldn’t have a bunch of text messages from them every day; I probably wouldn’t be able to wake up; and lastly, although it may be cliché, I wouldn’t be standing here if it wasn’t for my parents"