Saturday, October 24, 2009

SUPER dad.


My dad is a super dad. He's probably closest to me than ever, now that I've grown up. He isn't afraid to tell me things in his head because he knows I'll understand. When he's feeling down, he'll tell me what's wrong. Sometimes I don't even notice, but he's stressed. I definitely know why he's stressed. He works 2 jobs, is one of the leaders in his fellowship, and is on diet. He still manages to stand brightly. He lacks a lot of sleep, he eats less and he's always active. I continue to worry a lot about him but sometimes, I forget and take advantage. Boy, am I stupid. I feel like I'm probably the most selfish daughter ever. I feel like I have to do something. The only thing I can do is make him happy. I really want him to stop working 2 jobs soon... worries me way too much. Maybe next year while i apply for colleges, maybe I should stay in the city? I really don't know. My brother's gone in college, being selfish and partying out his ways throughout college, and just putting all that $$$$ pressure on my dad. ARGH I wanna smack him across the head. But I can't. Money isn't the issue. My dad told me that a few weeks ago, during one of Pastor Tingson's sermons, P.Tingson uses an example of a man working 2-3 jobs (workaholic) and never spends time with family, is SELFISH. My dad was struck REALLY HARD. No wonder why a few sundays ago, I overheard my dad say maybe I shouldn't go to church. Maybe I should switch churches. I didn't know what he meant back then, but that night I prayed really hard for my dad. And now, my dad told me why. My dad questioned himself for many weeks, wondering is he really selfish? working many jobs and supporting the family and giving his all to church? IS that REALLY SELFISH? I highly disagree. I believe my dad is the most loving, hardworking, and God-lovin` man ever. and He is definitely not selfish. He gives back to the church more than just 10%. He serves in church, and on Saturdays RIGHT AFTER work, he'll sleep a bit, and then he'd wake up, and bring me to piano school. He'd hang out with me and spend time with me and my mom. and THAT night, he'd go back to work, and the next day comes home, and rushes out the door to church, happily. Lack so much sleep. I am totally grateful for my dad.

I just think that sometimes sermons can be a little harsh. Esp when it targets that person who is struggling with so much stress. I definitely disagree. I'm still praying for my dad and his health. Stress does bring up his blood pressure and he's trying to lower his cholesterol and lose weight. Boy, he's really stressed.

BE STRONG DAD.